Saturday, August 4, 2007

Learning French


After I returned home from Paris, I looked into French schools right away. My desire to learn the language and return was utmost in my mind. I began a few months later at L’Alliance Française de Vancouver, getting into an intermediate class. I spent the next year in and out of a few classes and felt fairly comfortable speaking and understanding French. By the next January, I was hungrily planning my next trip. I wanted to go down south, probably to Provence, and scoured through travel books to find the right location. I finally chose Avignon, an important city located right in Provence. It looked like the perfect place to practice my French, soak up the sun and see what the south of France was like.

Photo: The main entrance to Avignon, France


No comments: