Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Cheap Hotel in Paris

An oxymoron, you say? Well, I did find one on this trip, the perfect little hotel for just me. The Hôtel de Rouen, located on the rue Croix des Petits Champs in the 1st district (the heart of downtown), offered me the “maid’s chamber” on the top floor for 25 euros a night. It was the only room on the floor and had a shower and the toilet just outside the door. I had my own little TV and a floor to call my own. Not all was perfect in paradise, though, as the place was a zero star establishment, not the cleanest, and definitely not somewhere you’d want to stay too long. I made it 8 nights. Even now, the hotel rents their single rooms out for 38 euros; not too shabby for a place to rest your head in Paris.

Photo: Hôtel de Rouen, where I had a floor to call my own

No comments: