Sunday, July 29, 2007

Jim Morrison’s Grave and Apartment

Yes, a stop along my Paris way was to Jim Morrison’s grave in the Père Lachaise cemetery. I was a HUGE fan in high school (yesterday, while getting ready to pack, I found yet more artwork that I did with his name and photos- silly girl stuff). Actually, as soon as I decided to go to Paris, his grave was one of the first things on my list. The headstone was gone at this time, but it was still a must to go see it. The experience was pretty lame, although I did get the grave to myself. I wrote in my journal, “It wasn’t really all that great, just an empty feeling of taking pictures of something that was so exhausted from being looked at.” I also had jotted down the apartment that he allegedly died in (where he was found in the bathtub). I couldn’t get in, so I took some pictures of the outside and, well, that was all I could do. My Jim Morrison pilgrimage was finished.

Photo: Jim Morrison's grave in the Père Lachaise cemetery

No comments: